Metadata: f / 5, 1/15 sec, ISO 1600
I have been behind in updating this project, but I promise to be on track again soon! Between finishing up paperwork at school before being fully on maternity leave, making our daily trips to the NICU, and adjusting to the medicines that I'm on to maintain that balanced blood pressure, the moments left in my day have been spent either sleeping, eating, or snuggling with my favorite preschooler.
This week's lesson is a reminder to my angels that the journey towards anything worth the voyage may be hard, but if you don't take that first step, you'll be stranded on the shoreline for good.
Our sweet Amelia has been making great gains in her NICU isolet, but the weight gain is a S-L-O-W process! I had forgotten just how hard Lucas had to work to put on the ounces, and Amelia is working just as hard to plump up those cheeks! Last night we celebrated a 2 gram weight gain. Grams (to put it in perspective) is what you use to measure sugar... and salt... and Amelias. :o)
Every little bit is a success in our book -- she may have a thousand grams to go, but any step in the right direction is a step worth celebrating.
Lesson learned. :o)
*** I'm pretty sure the quote goes "A journey of a thousand miles..." but with the foot photograph, I felt obliged to edit. ;)


No comments:
Post a Comment