Metadata: f / 6.3, 1/13 sec, ISO 800
I know this is not a new photo for those of you who have seen my Facebook page. It's still pretty much my favorite photograph I've ever taken and I thought it went very well with this truth.
We have been BUSY the last few weeks. And I have been unmotivated to write down our hundreds of truthful moments. Call it overwhelmed.... lazy... unfocused. Either way, we have been focused on learning what a family of four looks and feels like so the blog-a-rooni has taken a back seat. Now that we've started to get into a groove (as much as you possibly can with a teeny tiny newborn), hopefully I'll keep up to date with our lovely lessons for our lovely cherubs. :)
Our sweet Amelia Grace came home several weeks ago -- just before her 4 week birthday. Big Brother Lucas has been an incredible help since Amelia's homecoming: he's changed diapers, he's made formula bottles (with significant help, fear not), he's been a fantastic tour guide when we had family in town ("this is my sister!" is his favorite line)... to say the least, he's adjusted much better than we could have expected. You know... so far. Amelia hasn't tried to take his toys or pull his hair, but until that time comes, they're sweet.
I get to reflect back on the relationship I have with my siblings when I watch Amelia follow her big brother with her eyes or when I watch Lucas"brush" Amelia's hair with his lion brush. I am unbelievably blessed with the most selfless, loving, brilliant pair of siblings a girl could ask for. We're all within 4 years of each other and grew up spending the majority of our time when we were little playing only with one another. My first best friends were my siblings -- and we're still pretty ridiculously close. My brother dropped everything he was doing when Amelia was born and drove 5 hours to see us that weekend. My sister came as soon as the military allowed - and stayed for an entire week thanks to some great friends ;) Lucky would be an understatement - my brother and sister are gifts from above.
Siblings have a special bond that no one else understands -- and Korey and I are incredibly lucky to be able to watch Lucas and Amelia experience that relationship as well. Work might be temporary and hobbies come and go (especially if you're a one, Ashley Kemper). But family... that's a permanent heart-filling that will always be the most rewarding responsibility. Lucas & Amelia: the two of you are blessed beyond measure.




No comments:
Post a Comment