It has been a busy last month or so, but here are the basic updates:
We have found a doctor, and everything (and everyone) is healthy and on track. We found out that baby is a boy -- to be named Lucas Aiden -- and is due August 20th. :o) We got to see fabulous images of him, and everything looked good! We go back next week sometime for a check up. All in all very good :o)
I've gained about 15 lbs. in the first 2 trimesters, which is about normal. My ankles have become obnoxious (I've never had cankles in my life... until now...), but everything else is still very normal.
I've been teaching 3rd grade full time in NC which has been a TRIP, but is over next Wednesday. I'm super thankful for that -- I come home every evening about ready to pass out, and I'm sure chasing 9 year-olds around is not helpful for my crazy huge ankles.
We've set up several baby showers in our various "homes" so the next month or so will be filled with seeing friends and family, traveling between states, and getting things ready for baby Lucas. Yay!! We've registered at Target for several items, and will do a jungle/safari theme for the nursery in greens and yellows.
We've recently moved to a 2 BR apartment near to my campus and have LOVED the transition so far. The fabulous team of Russ and Korey moved all of my stuff (unpacked, since it was so last minute) in about three hours, so I was SUPER surprised when I got home from school one day last week and everything was in its new home. Plenty of room for growing, but we're still in need of furniture. Our neighbors are great, our land(people?) are fabulous, and we're in a really great area. All in all a VERY successful move! :o) Visitors are more than welcome!
I've finished up my summer classes, will head home next weekend for a few weeks, to TN/GA to see Korey's family the week following, and then will be back in VA for camps galore.
I wanted to be sure and say a big THANK YOU for all of the support and encouragement that we've received in the last several weeks. I've been reminded of how awesome my family is (and Korey's too) and am so grateful to have their love and support during this unplanned blessing.
More to come soon -- I'll definetly have more time to post once school is finished. :o)
::Much Love::
Ash
Blessing :) i love you can't wait to see you this weekend! You too Korey!! :o)
ReplyDelete-Courtney