Lucas is back in Virginia after spending 2 weeks with his Lainey and Aunt Shannon :o) I got to see him on our way to Memphis the week before last, which was super nice (THANK YOU SHANNON!) but last week was a tough time! I got mucho mucho school work and volleyball stuff done, but it was definetly not the same. Glad to have him home! :o)
When Lucas left he had a bit of a cold -- I had called the DR and the LPN that was there told me that (essentially) there was nothing to do for him, and that if I should continue to do the things I had been doing (sleeping elevated, syringing his nose, using saline drops, etc) and call if he wasn't better in another week or two. He hasn't had a fever, but this week he's gotten a not-so-good cough and his nose is stuffed more than a syringe can get out. So we have a DRs appointment tomorrow AM just to be on the safe side. Yesterday we were sitting in the office after a home game and after a bit of a coughing fit EVERYTHING he'd eaten that evening escaped his mouth... all over the both of us. I didn't think so much could come out of something so small! I think that this was a bit of a regular occurance his last few days in GA with Lainey, so we're hoping that we can get some sort of remedy for that tomorrow AM!
Otherwise everything has been great! Lucas is developing quite the little personality! He's a bit of ham for the camera (which is awesome when your Mom takes about a gazillion photos of you!) and cracks up when people smile at him. He's already almost into his 6 mo clothing (in fact, in some things he already wears 6 mo clothing!) and is working hard on learning to walk (thanks to Uncle Russ! Hehe!) He's still getting back to his regular sleep schedule, though my VB schedule is messing with his bedtime a bit, but he's been doing a fabulous job (until he coughs himself awake). For instance, last night we went to bed at 11.30, and didn't wake up until 6 this am. Times like those always makes me wonder whether he actually slept that long, or I was just that tired that he didn't wake me up. He took another 3 hour nap and when he woke up again at 9 he just sat in the swing and looked around quietly while I took a quick shower. :o) I LOVE how sweet this child is... or perhaps he realized his Mommy was in need of a shower... eitherway, adorable. :o)
Lucas still comes with me to the office (in fact, he's taking a nap in his carseat on the office floor as I type!) and the home VB matches -- our parents have been fantastic with him (in fact... I get asked more about where he is when he's not there, then I get asked how I am... appropriate :o) hehe!). They even had a little team blanket made for him that one of the moms hand-tyed together. I almost cried I was so touched:
(Here's a photo of the onesie one of our seniors made for him :o))
In non-baby news, I have found a Cardiologist here, and have one more imaging test to have done before I can start getting completely off meds! Hooray!! Had an echo done Monday, which was completely normal, have stopped taking the ProCardia (scratch one med off the list -- whoo!) and will have an MRA done to see if my Renal Artery (is there just one? maybe two?) is normal. The Dr. indicated that one of the conditions that may go along with Pre-Eclampsia was a narrowing of the Renal Arteries, which can cause blood pressure to increase. Though I had pulmonary hypertension (whether because of the pnemonia or otherwise), this may still have been a reason for the high blood pressure throughout my hospital stay. So, the Dr. has ordered an MRA to be able to rule that out, and then we're a go for getting off the beta-blocker. Happy Day!!
Classes are going well, VB is finishing up, and everything else is going well! :o) Missing family a ton, and I cannot wait to see everyone for Thanksgiving! Love you all!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment