Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Finally! A Moment to Breathe (and update)!




This will be a super quick post (with a more lengthy update on the life and happenings of Baby Lucas) -- it has been a CRAZY last few months: classes, volleyball, baby time, and real-world-living have been monopolizing my time and I am sooooo so sorry for not keeping up to date!
Lucas has been to his pediatrician twice since we updated last -- all good, and on his way to being a healthy toddler. His last weight was 8lbs-some ounces (my mind is going blank here), but he is surely at least 9 or 10lbs now... he's getting hard to carry in his car seat!! We went to the Developmental Specialist a few weeks ago and he is on track for his age (actual age, not adjusted age, which is fantastic!) She told us that the first few months he'll stay up to date, but he'll fall behind in some milestones until his first birthday. For instance, he can keep his head up for a short amount of itme as a three month old, but struggles to do it consistently. The eye doctor told us that everything is perfect as far as his eyes are concerned, so that was a big relief (there's some concern that because he was on O2 in the hospital, some damage may have been done to his retina -- common with premies. But he is developing prefectly and shows no sign of difference). Hooray!
He has taken to sleeping in the boppie pretty regularly, which is in the pack and play in the bed room. He sleeps for one long-period of time at night. Bed time is at 10pm (his call, not mine) and he turns into crazy baby riiiight before he passes out at 10. He'll usually sleep from 10 until 3 or 4 in the morning (sometimes 5) and then drinks about an ounce to two ounces of formula and sleeps pretty soundly for another 3-4 hours. He's awake for the day around 8 or 9 and is usually WIDE awake until lunch time. He coos and "plays" and follows people who talk to him -- his smile is absolutely adorable and his dimples make my heart melt every time! He fits into his 0-3 month clothing (finally!) and has actually outgrown much of the newborn stuff. I know, I thought I'd never see that day come!!
During the day he hangs out with Mom at the office, and when I have class, he hangs out with Uncle Russ (who is teaching him the ways of the world... they worked on walking today... go figure!). During practice he stays with Auntie Jo, and for games he stays with Miss Kimmie. Everyone has been AMAZING in helping me make sure he's taken care of -- I don't know what I would do without them...

Lucas heads to Tennessee to see Gramma Laney and Aunt Shannon and Cousin Sara this weekend for two weeks! Not sure what I'm going to do for two weeks - though I'll get to see him for a day on our way to Memphis on our road trip to Rhodes College for fall break.


Life in Dan-Vegas has been crazy and jam packed but I am loving every minute of it!! I'll update more ASAP, and am SO sorry I can't update more regularly. :o( We love and miss you all a ton! More to come soon!!



Just a glimpse at how far we've come in three months (aka: the definition of miracles...):

In the hospital, around 1 month... (and barely fitting into premie clothing)


3 months old, home from hospital, and quickly outgrowing his 3 month clothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment