Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I know... I know...

I know, I'm terribly behind on updating. Now that Korey is with us in VA, I promise to keep up more frequently. :o)


Our Thanksgiving was great -- Lucas and I spent it with my fam in NY and had some great times with friends and family. We ate at my Aunt's family's house and visited more family that day. Little man did really well on the plane -- no crying and lots of sleeping. :o) We were delayed 4 days because of mishaps with the airline, but all worked out and we got back (though later than expected).





Christmas was spent with Korey's family in Tennessee/Georgia and went really well! Lucas got lots of loud/musical/stimulating (call it what you want) toys, and he officially owns about half of everything that takes up floor space in our apartment (as well it should be, right?). I did some traveling (first to Tampa and then to Costa Rica for Volleyball) and was super excited to see my boys when I got back after the New  Year. 


Lucas had a Drs appointment at the end of last week, and he is up to 14 lbs, 9 oz and 27 inches long (I think... something like that...). He is in the 10% for 6 month olds (from his actual birthdate), which means he's still a little behind, but he is in the 50% for a 4 month old (his gestational age, had he been born on his due date) which means he is growing appropriately and is on his way to catching up. :o) He eats a bit of solid foods: apples, bananas, carrots, green beans (though the don't agree with his tummy) and rice cereal, and is still eating the higher calorie formula. He can almost sit unsupported by himself, and can sit for a long time with a blanket or pillow behind him, and LOVES to talk (can't imagine why...). He cracks us up on a daily basis and he is such a happy baby. :o) We're going thru the monthly RSV vaccinations, so the poor guy gets a shot every month, but if it keeps him from getting sick, I'm all about it! We started to see a new doctor (same practice, different doctor) and she is fabulous! We're constantly reminded of how blessed we are -- to have amazing families and friends (distant family, yeah?) who support us, a great kid who is happy and healthy, and lots of doors opening for great futures. :o)


Korey is FINALLY with us in VA -- he finished his work at TWC in December and is currently job hunting in the area. Hopefully sooner than later he'll have an income again, but for now I enjoy having him home :o) I'm still at the college finishing up the classroom requirements for my masters, and will student teach as soon as they'll let me! I'm coaching a club team in NC, recruiting for the college, and helping where I can. I still love the school(s) and am excited about a new semester. :o)


I know that this update should be 500x longer since it's so delayed in coming, but hopefully some photos will catch you up on our happenings. Sorry for the delay! But I will be sure to share news sooner!

1 comment:

  1. Ashley, I am so proud of you. You have really handled yourself so well under pressure. You really are an impressive woman. I can't wait to catch up with you sometime in the near future and see your pressure little boy. He's gonna be a heartbreaker.

    ReplyDelete