Sunday, February 26, 2012

52.8 | Friendship


Metadata: f/4.5, 1/13 sec., ISO 400

When we woke up this morning and made our breakfast, Lucas was insistent that his plush pals join us... luckily he was easily persuaded that only his "top 4" should have a seat. And so, Yellow Puppy, Myrtle, Scout, and Monkey all graced us with their presences for eggs and cereal. It was a deliciously joyful meal. And I'm so glad that Lucas can make friends (and find the value in being around "them") so easily.

The quote for our truths this week is certainly one that I find important. I think back on my life and the "stages" I went through that matched the "friends" I went through. Don't get me wrong, I still have several near-and-dears, and several new and wonderful friendships that I've been able to count as blessings since we've moved back to Tennessee. If we reflect on the company we keep, we will find our values. I hope that my group of friends says that I've matured since HS (well.... in most cases), my son & husband are a huge part of my life, I love educating and learning, and I value love and diversity above most anything else. My choir of friends should sing the same chorus that I do: love knows no limit; everyone has potential to succeed and my job is to help them shine. I am unbelievably blessed with selfless, nurturing, brilliant friends with uncanny abilities to crack me up, challenge my laziness (challenge, poke fun at, motivate... all the same to me), and make my inner most thoughts believe in the improbable. Truth: you are the company you keep.

And I'd keep all of you any day of the week. :o) <3

No comments:

Post a Comment