Metadata: f/5, 1/100 sec, ISO 400; f/5, 1/800 sec, ISO 200
"Those aren't flowers; they're weeds."
Yeah, I ate those words.
Korey and I began our "green" adventure at the beginning of Spring: we *attempted* to grow flowers and veggies in a seedling starter pallet, and then transplanted a few seedlings outside. We were pretty productive with the peppers (that have essentially taken over the right side of our balcony garden), and not so much with the other plants. One of those? Impatiens. Or so I thought.
My husband is usually right. About everything. No matter how many times I attempt to convince him of my incredible genius... he's usually more right than I am. Add one more to his list.
When these little guys started to grow in the overhanging planters, I was convinced that they were weeds growing. Compared to the petunias that were growing up and over their planters, these little guys looked weird, green, and un-flowerlike (yes. Un-flowerlike). It's fitting that these blooms are called Impatiens... because seriously, this amateur green thumb was lacking in the belief-department.
Two weeks later... bloom. There they are. Beautiful peachy-red flowers. And now they've begun to take over their own planter. And I adore them. Korey knew it from the beginning, and it took a bit of convincing for me to agree. Which is usually how it is in our house.
The truth/metaphor for this week is obvious: beauty/life/brilliance may begin as something ugly or unwanted -- but with a little patiens (ha!) and a lot of faith, it can totally change your mind. I could relate that to my kids, my work, my school... my cooking... :o)
The last word for my rockstar husband? Yes, Korey. You were right. Again.
[ Next week's truth: humble humility ] :o)


No comments:
Post a Comment