Monday, July 30, 2012

52:30 | Dance


Metadata: f/1.4, 1/25 sec, ISO 1600

My little family (plus my cousin who is visiting from New York) spent this past Saturday night at Centennial Park in Downtown Nashville listening to Big Band music and catching up on three weeks of life. 

Catching this image was a strong reminder that though Korey & I are still feeling our way through this parenting/family journey, Lucas is making his "hometown" memories with every step we take. It made me remember the ones I carry with me from home: The Grape Harvest Festival, County Fairs, Club Volleyball, The St. Mary's Christmas Pageant, Concerts at West Point... They are what I search for to share with my boy. I was unbelievably lucky to stumble upon this one this weekend!

No matter what Korey & I attempt to piece together for him, these family "events" are the things he'll remember when he's ready to take on his own life; these are the feelings he'll yearn for when he's far away from home attempting to make it on his own. Because these are the things that will make him who he has the potential to be. 

And he may watch for now as others get in there and learn the Cha Cha (proverbial and real-time), but soon he'll be dancing with the crowd under those city lights as the band plays another round of Born in the USA.

It's so good to be home. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment