Sunday, January 20, 2013

Project 52 | three


Metadata: f/ 4.5, 1/30 sec, ISO 1600

At 26 weeks in my second pregnancy, I'm doing things completely different than I did the first time. I'm more mature (obviously), "less" anxious, and feeling more prepared. I'm also listening to the wise words of my doctor: de-stress whenever you can. Fill quiet moments with rest instead of stress... a perfect message to pass on this week in our moment of truth.

Thanks to a wonderful Christmas gift from my awesome sister, a yummy half cup of coffee topped with whipped cream, and my newest indulgence: The Austin Family Chronicles Series that I began at the end of Christmas break, I continued one of my littlest resolutions for 2013: no work on Sundays. When I typically might check e-mail, grade papers, or create a hand out for my budding young adults, instead I sipped my coffee and read a chapter or two about Victoria Austin and her family's journey camping across the U.S. in the 1960s. Bliss.

Lucas might not have an "off" switch quite yet, but we read together, or chat, or tell stories... things that don't require electricity or batteries and instead provide rest from an ever-expanding world of GO! Simple and relaxing: and that is a-okay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment