My beautiful baby boy gets his stubbornness from his mom. Yes. I've admitted it.
We are essentially set to come home... Lucas feeds from a bottle as able, which is almost every feed -- the nurses use a bottle at every feeding, but sometimes he's too pooped (or just not in a bottling mood) to finish the bottle and the rest needs to be gavaged (through the tube). When Mommy decides to feed him, he passes out... not even half way thru the bottle. It's adorable that he feels THAT comfortable in my arms... but it's a little disheartening that we need 48 hours of straight feeds with no gavage, and every time he's in my arms, he looks at me for all of 10 minutes and then passes out. Bah. So, I'm finished feeding him whilst in the hospital -- I'll be on diaper duty (pardon the pun :-D) until we leave the hospital.
Once he goes one day with all 8 feeds via bottle, they'll do the car seat test (to make sure he can sit in the car seat with no apnea) for the trip south. And we've been on the list for a circ., but there has been an abundance of baby deliveries and a shortage of available delivery doctors (a DR from labor/delivery must do the circ... whenever they get a chance...) Everything else is set to go. It's so close we can taste it... talk about frustrating!
Lucas got to meet Aunt Courtney (who has been away from home at her Army LDAC since the week after his birth) a few days ago and the spoiling has begun. It was an emotional time -- LOVE LOVE LOVE!
What else, what else... A mommy update: went to the lady-doctor for a check up, and everything is healing well. I got the okay to drive (hooray!) but have limited my driving to short-distance trips -- Korey does the hospital driving. He also told me to cut my blood pressure meds in half, and to make an appointment with my cardiologist to follow up. My BP was mucho low at the Dr's office Thursday, and when I mentioned that I was feeling a bit dizzy after taking meds in the AM, he immediately suggested that I cut the amount in half. Now I don't have the dizzy spells and I'm feeling more myself instead of feeling like I was on a constant tilt-o-whirl. Good good news. :o)
I can't continue to express to everyone how thankful we are for the love and support of our friends and families. We are showered daily with and abundance of words of support and encouragement, and they are what get us through these unbelievably long days. Know that we love you all so so much and can't wait for everyone to meet our little angel.

No comments:
Post a Comment