"The time is always right to do what is right..."
-Dr. MLK Jr.


A day off? A day of service? An opportunity to serve AND find new toys for my classroom? Yes please!
On Monday, Korey and I spent the morning painting a Nashville Fire Department. We joined almost 20 other volunteers and neighbors to add a shade of beige to the mattress room, wash windows, and do other odd jobs around the Fire Department. We learned a bit about the equipment and made great new friends.

After we finished, I made a stop at the used book store (McKays)
where I bought lots of great reads for my bookshelf. You know... for all that free time that I have these days. :o) A few of the titles were for the wee tyke for Valentines Day. But most of them are a hope-to-read-before-the-end-of-the-semester. :o)
The start to the New Year has been pretty great for us. Ashley started coaching at the YMCA regularly. Lucas loves going to the gym with Mommy, even on nights that she doesn't have to work. Korey continues to work with the elderly of Nashville. Lucas has moved classrooms and is now in the Pre-School class in his school. That means big-kid things like using scissors and singing our ABCs. Do you remember when we were counting down to him coming home from the NICU? Now he can countdown with us!
It looks like 2012 is going to be a great year. <3 XoXoX
No comments:
Post a Comment