Sunday, January 29, 2012

52.5 | Open Doors


Metadata: f/4.5, 1/8 s, ISO 400

I know I may be biased (as an English teacher and all) but I am beyond thrilled that Lucas would rather be drawing, coloring, writing, or painting than watching television. I can only hope that he continues to love these creative outlets as he gets older. I remember growing up and needing some way to say what my heart was screaming in my soul. Whether it was logging time in my sketch book, painting ceramics with my Grandma, or writing a short story dripping with melodramatic teen angst, I was able create a new reality and dream aloud. It is the reason I was able to do well in school, relate my world to others (though this is always a work-in-progress), and identify my needs or the needs of others. I'm proud of my budding artist and hope he'll enjoy his creative side as he finds his place in the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment