Metadata: Various... Lots of pictures... Whoop!
Korey & I have been working on our little "back porch" oasis since the first warm day in [January]. We pre-planted our pepper plants, we cleaned out the ol' camping chairs... and this weekend we found the "finishing touches" for our little oasis. Happiness never looked so sweet!
We headed to Home Depot yesterday afternoon for their awesome flower sale, where we promptly purchased 4x6 pansy plants. They remind me of my mom, though I'm not sure what sort of flowers we used to buy her on Mother's Day. Our "window planters" are a little piece of homesick for this NY girl.
While we were there, we found a few side tables we liked that looked like they'd be the perfect size for our little balcony. The price tag, however, did not fair so well with us. We DID find a sweet glass-top wicker table at Lowes that found its way onto our porch this afternoon.
We found these neat little solar bulbs. Korey untangled them and added them to our little retreat. I'm not sure how they work, but they add a little touch of cozy. :o)
Lucas still has his little rock garden, and he LOVES helping Mommy & Daddy water all of our plants. Today we spent about an hour outside counting and organizing rocks based on color and sizes and he asked if flowers had ears. This was after distant thunder began to rumble and he began to get anxious about a coming storm. I told him that no, flowers don't have ears... and they don't have eyes or tongues to taste. He didn't think much more than that and went back to counting his pebbles. I, however, rested on that thought.
Flowers, one of the most beautiful natural creations, cannot see their own beauty, nor can they smell their fragrant scents. They just exist and others find them beautiful. Magnificent. Simple. I know: deep, right?
I didn't get much further into that truth today, but it's certainly worth medatating on... in my oasis. :o)




No comments:
Post a Comment